We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Beef soup
This is a tasty and hearty soup that is almost a stew. It's a delicious combination of mince and loads of veg - sweetcorn, Savoy cabbage, butternut squash, mushrooms, carrots and tomato. It's easily seasoned with a taco seasoning sachet, available in most supermarkets. Enjoy!
33 people made this
- 450g carrots, cut into 4cm chunks
- 300g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 325g sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 1/2 Savoy cabbage, sliced
- 425g peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 2 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes
- 120ml water
- 450g extra lean minced beef
- 1/2 (30g) sachet taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:1hr10min ›Ready in:1hr20min
- Place carrots in a large, heavy pot, then layer mushrooms, sweetcorn, Savoy cabbage, butternut squash, tomatoes and water on top. Cover and bring to the boil over medium-high heat.
- While the soup is coming to the boil, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and stir in the mince and taco seasoning. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess fat. Add beef to the soup, and reduce heat to medium. Continue simmering until the carrots are tender, about 1 hour.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(26)
Reviews in English (20)
This recipe has all the things I like .....easy, healthy, inexpensive, can be served more than one day, and is delicious! I made two minor changes: I increased the water to 3/4 cup and used regular cabbage instead of savoy. I will make this recipe often!-02 Mar 2010
Just made this. My husband did not like the amount of carrots in the soup - I would have to agree - use less. Otherwise it was good. Especially loved the squash (I had some left over that was not used in another recipe) - it really added a good flavor. All in all, an excellent soup - don't think there will be a lot of liquid to this soup.-01 Mar 2010