We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Oily fish
- Salmon fillet
Salmon is coated in pesto, which is added to rice that is halfway through its cooking time. Simple and absolutely delicious!
79 people made this
- 675g salmon fillets, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 75g pesto
- 30g butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 190g uncooked long-grain white rice
- 600ml fish stock
- 150ml dry white wine
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr
- In a medium bowl, toss salmon fillets in pesto to coat.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and saute shallots until tender. Stir in rice, fish stock and wine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Without stirring rice, place salmon in the saucepan. Cover and continue cooking 25 to 30 minutes, until rice is tender and salmon is easily flaked with a fork.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(68)
Reviews in English (53)
Made my own pesto for it with leftover basil plant and pine nuts, one very tasty risotto, thanks-30 Aug 2016
simple, easy and tasty! I added a tablespoon of pesto to the rice and it was just perfect!-10 Feb 2014
This was so good and so easy to make. I made a couple changes. I didn't have any shallots so I cut up some onion and added a little garlic. I used chicken stock instead of fish stock. Fish stock sounded nasty and I've never even seen it sold before. I used salmon filets that I did not cut up. I'm not sure why some people commented it didn't look very nice. We thought it looked fine and tasted even better!-31 Oct 2007