We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
This savoury all-in-one pilaf dish is a mixture of chicken thighs, mushrooms, peppers and rice cooked in a flavourful chicken stock.
42 people made this
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 700ml chicken stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 330g white rice
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr
- In a large pot, boil chicken thighs in chicken stock, adding onion and garlic to stock before boiling. When chicken is cooked through (about 20 minutes), remove from stock and set aside. Add turmeric and stir in, then set stock aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil. Add mushrooms and cook for 1 minute. Add rice, stir for 2 minutes, then add stock. Let all simmer gently for 20 minutes. In the meantime, skin and slice tomatoes and add to rice mixture. Cut cooked chicken into bite size pieces and add to the frying pan, along with the red, green and yellow peppers. Stir all together and simmer over low heat, stirring, until all liquid is absorbed and rice is separate and fluffy.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(25)
Reviews in English (19)
Nice tasty meal, simple to make-22 Sep 2010
I got so many compliments on this! We finished it off in no time it was so good! I use brown rice which I cooked in chickn broth or stock, boiled chicken breast in chicken stock/ broth (sometimes I use the leftover stock from boiling the chicken to cook the rice in so we don't waste anything!), and instead of the tomatoes I use a can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes cause I had it on hand. (I think that was what made it really good.) I also added a couple diced jalapenos cause I like it hot! Garnish with cheese, or sour cream, or AVACADO! MMMM! Thank you for this dish!-22 Jun 2009
by Christina Morgan
I made this for the first time and I'm not really a "try new things" person, it was FANTASTIC! my 2 year old loved it...not too spicy, not too bland. It was so delicious. I just bolied the chicken all day long in the broth and spices. At the end, I added all the other stuff until it was ready...Awesome!-26 Aug 2008